2715 Q St. NW. Headquarters of the Society of the Colonial Dames of America. Guided tours 10:15 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12:15 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday except holidays. 202/337-2288.
• American furniture and decorative and fine arts of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
Folger Shakespeare Library
201 E. Capitol St. SE. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. 202/544-7077, www.folger.edu
• “Marketing Shakespeare: The Boydell Gallery (1789-1805) and Beyond.” Folger Great Hall. Through Jan. 5.
• The Shakespeare Gallery. Folger Great Hall. More than 230 of the Folger’s collection pertaining to Shakespeare and his time, accompanied by a multimedia computer installation and a video. Ongoing.
Freer Gallery of Art
• Parades: Freer Ceramics Installed by Gwyn Hanssen Pigott. Through Jan. 8.
• Tales of the Brush: Literary Masterpieces in Chinese Painting. Through Jan. 13.
Gadsby’s Tavern Museum
134 N. Royal St., Alexandria. 703/838-4242.
• Tour the historic tavern. Tours 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday; 1-4 p.m. Sunday through March. Last tour 3:45 p.m. Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas. $2, $4. Children younger than 11 enter for free with a paying adult.
Hillwood Museum and Gardens
4155 Linnean Ave. NW. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Closed January and national holidays. $5-$12. 202/686-8500; advance reservations 202/686-5807, www.hillwoodmuseum.org