- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
Question of the Day
Yesterday at Verizon Center
“I know we haven’t been here in a week, but I think maybe they just forgot to tighten some of the screws from the basketball game last night. I’ve never experienced that.”
— Caps goalie Olie Kolzig on the delays caused by trouble with the glass
“It’s just terrible. Come on now — this rink is not that old. It’s not like it’s the USAir Arena.”
— Islanders defenseman Brendan Witt, a former Caps player
Francois Bouchard, the Caps’ second-round selection (No. 35 overall) in the 2006 draft, scored two goals Friday night to help Baie-Comeau defeat Val-d’Or 5-4 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Bouchard, a right wing who turns 19 in April, is the scoring leader in the “Q” with 105 points in 50 games. He has 37 goals and a league-leading 68 assists for the Drakkar (Viking Ship).
— Corey Masisak
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women's fitness tests
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world