- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Yesterday at Air Canada Centre in Toronto
SEEN AND HEARD
NBA players don’t like playing afternoon games, and the Wizards are no different.
That became clear early; the Wizards were outscored 31-22 in the first quarter. Although they rallied from down 22 to make it close in the fourth quarter, Gilbert Arenas said he would rather not play early games.
“Shots weren’t falling, and we weren’t getting stops,” Arenas said. “A 1 o’clock game, I don’t think over the last four years we’ve ever played well at 1 o’clock. In the NBA that’s a weird time for you because that’s usually your practice time.”
BY THE NUMBERS
10Shots with three seconds or less remaining on the clock at the end of a quarter, half or game made by Gilbert Arenas. Including one to end the first half yesterday, seven have come from 3-point range. Arenas drilled one from 35 feet at the end of the second quarter, a shot referees reviewed before allowing the basket.
KEY TO THE GAME
The Wizards took 41 free throws and made 31. That many attempts usually translates into a Wizards victory. The Raptors, meanwhile, were just 16-for-22 from the line.
— John N. Mitchell
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.