- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
Letters to the editor
We do want the world’s tired, its poor and its hungry, people who want a better life, but not under the existing circumstances. We want to see immigrants who have waited in line become citizens who have learned our language and assimilated. We want people treated equally and with respect. We want existing laws enforced, and that includes punishing employers who hire and take advantage of illegals. We want our representatives to bring forth incremental bills to fix existing problems with the laws that allow the continued influx of illegals. And we want our courts to be able to deport lawbreakers expeditiously and permanently. If it takes a fence, so be it. If we need a guest-worker program, create one, but only after many of the existing illegal aliens have gone home.
And to our elected representatives, you know who we are. Many of you heard our voices this week. But, shame on those of you who voted against your people. We may not have read the entire amnesty bill or any of it; most of you didn’t, either. But we’re not as stupid as some of you seemingly think we are.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.