- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
Parsing abortion law
Question of the Day
Joe Blubaugh, director of communications for the health department, said the agency “simply collects information” and provides procedural assistance.
“We don’t make a judgment on the data that’s collected,” Mr. Blubaugh said.
Cheryl Sullenger, senior policy adviser of the pro-life group Operation Rescue, said the records showed that Dr. Tiller was “operating an illegal abortion racket designed to circumvent the law while giving the appearance of legitimacy.”
“There is ample evidence to charge him with additional counts. … The current 19 charges allow Tiller to continue committing illegal abortions for frivolous reasons in violation of the law,” she said.
Mr. Kline said either house of the Kansas Legislature could force the attorney general to bring additional charges against Dr. Tiller. House Speaker Melvin Neufeld, a Republican, said he was pleased that Mr. Morrison brought charges. A spokesman for Mr. Neufeld said the Republican-controlled Legislature would look at proposed changes to Kansas’s late-term abortion law when it reconvenes in January.
The 19 new charges are the result of Mr. Morrison’s investigation using medical records subpoenaed by Mr. Kline. During the 2006 campaign, Mr. Morrison attacked Mr. Kline for using medical records to bring charges.
Mr. Kline claimed vindication.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq