- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
The newspaper also said Foreign Minister Mohammed Benaissa received similar warnings from Israeli counterpart Tzipi Livni when the two met last week in Paris. Israeli intelligence given to Morocco said that 11 suspected al Qaeda operatives had recently slipped into country, the newspaper said.
Warrant issued for ex-oil minister
KUWAIT CITY — A tribunal has issued a warrant for the arrest of a former minister and member of the ruling al-Sabah family over his suspected role in a graft case, local press reported this week.
The warrant was issued for Sheik Ali al-Khalifa al-Sabah because he failed to appear before the special three-judge tribunal for questioning over his suspected role in a multimillion-dollar embezzlement.
Sheik Ali was finance and oil minister in the 1980s and early 1990s. The tribunal aims to establish whether the accusations against him are serious enough to press charges.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again