- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
Tap water called safe despite odor
Washington Aqueduct officials say the tap water is safe to drink despite dozens of complaints about a strange odor.
Washington Aqueduct spokesman Thomas Jacubus said algae is growing in the Potomac River because the water is low and the temperatures are high. He said the water might be flavored from the algae.
Officials said they are adding an extra step to the filtering process to absorb the odor after about 50 people in the District and Northern Virginia complained.
They said the treatment should be noticeable in two or three days.
Girl, 14, killed in auto crash
A 14-year-old girl is dead after a single-car crash early yesterday.
Police said the victim’s 17-year-old sister was behind the wheel of the Nissan at about 4:45 a.m. when the car hit a utility pole in the 3600 block of Jermantown Road.
The 14-year-old died at Inova Fairfax Hospital. The 17-year-old suffered minor injuries.
Investigators think speed was a factor in the accident, but no alcohol was involved.
The names of the victim and the driver were not released yesterday.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Vice reporter Simon Ostrovsky being held by east Ukraine militants: report
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.