- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
No public events are scheduled.
8:30 a.m. —Bureau of the Censusreleases the advance monthly sales for retail and food services for June 2007. Location: 1401 Constitution Ave. NW. Contact: 202/482-2235.
8:30 a.m. —Bureau of the Censusreleases the U.S. import and export price indexes for June. Location: 200 Constitution Ave. NW. Contact: 202/606-5902.
8:30 a.m. —U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commissionholds a meeting on “China’s Proliferation and the Impact of Trade Policy on Defense Industries in the United States and China.” Location: 385 Russell Senate Office Building. Contact: 202/624-1409.
1 p.m. — Environmental Protection Agency holds a meeting by teleconference of the Board of Scientific Counselors, drinking water midcycle subcommittee to discuss the draft report concerning the ORD drinking water research program’s progress in response to recommendations from its 2005 BOSC review and other activities. Location: None given. Contact: 919/541-3508.
In session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/224-8601, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/224-8541.
Meets at 4 p.m. in a pro forma session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/225-2020, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/225-1600.
Convention — all day —The College Republican National Committee holds its 57th biennial convention. Events begin at 8 a.m.
Highlights — 4:30 p.m. — Former Rep. Tom DeLay, Texas Republican, delivers remarks.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.