- NASA-funded study says modern society doomed, like the dodo
- Mass. police award 3-year-old girl for saving pregnant mother
- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
No public events are scheduled.
8:30 a.m. —Bureau of the Censusreleases the advance monthly sales for retail and food services for June 2007. Location: 1401 Constitution Ave. NW. Contact: 202/482-2235.
8:30 a.m. —U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commissionholds a meeting on “China’s Proliferation and the Impact of Trade Policy on Defense Industries in the United States and China.” Location: 385 Russell Senate Office Building. Contact: 202/624-1409.
1 p.m. — Environmental Protection Agency holds a meeting by teleconference of the Board of Scientific Counselors, drinking water midcycle subcommittee to discuss the draft report concerning the ORD drinking water research program’s progress in response to recommendations from its 2005 BOSC review and other activities. Location: None given. Contact: 919/541-3508.
In session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/224-8601, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/224-8541.
Meets at 4 p.m. in a pro forma session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/225-2020, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/225-1600.
Convention — all day —The College Republican National Committee holds its 57th biennial convention. Events begin at 8 a.m.
Highlights — 4:30 p.m. — Former Rep. Tom DeLay, Texas Republican, delivers remarks.
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- White House targets Russian officials, others for new sanctions
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- New 'gainful employment' proposal sparks criticism
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- Trust me: Obama promises new overtime rules will be 'easier for everyone'
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014