- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
1 dead, 3 hurt in drive-by shooting
A drive-by shooting late Friday left one person dead and three others injured.
Metropolitan Police said the shooting happened before midnight near RFK Stadium, in the 1500 block of East Capitol Street. Officers found one victim at the scene, who was later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.
As police investigated, they found three others who were shot. All three are expected to survive.
Police yesterday were questioning two persons who led officers on a chase after the shooting. Their truck matched the vehicle that was described as being involved in the shooting.
Historic plantation to close its doors
A plantation on the James River where General Ulysses S. Grant made his crossing in 1864 will close its doors to visitors in October.
Flowerdew Hundred in Prince George County operates as a museum and historic site.
Employees said the plantation will close to the public Oct. 12. Its future is not clear.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again