- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Could Bonds beat Nader in an election?
Question of the Day
Call me crazy, but Barry Bonds‘ final All-Star vote total — 2,325,391 — looks awfully familiar.
Anybody remember how many votes Ralph Nader got in the 2000 presidential election?
You laugh (hopefully), but their figures were fairly close.
Nader, candidate for the Green Party: 2,883,105.
Bonds, candidate for the Greenie Party: 2,325,391.
c c c
Maybe there should be a runoff.
c c c
News item: An attorney who admitted leaking Bonds‘ grand jury testimony to the media asked a federal judge for leniency, noting that President Bush commuted “Scooter” Libby’s prison sentence for a comparable crime.
Comment: And let’s not forget, Your Honor, that steroids, too, are weapons of mass destruction.
c c c
According to a study by a University of Colorado research team, the average career for a position player in Major League Baseball is 5.6 years.
Pitchers, it seems, were excluded from the study because of (a.) their career volatility, (b.) a higher injury rate and (c.) Roger Clemens‘ insistence on coming out of retirement every season, which screws up the numbers.
c c c
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors