- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Question of the Day
Location: J.W. Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Contact: 202/393-6100, or 202/586-5600.
Book discussion — 9:30 a.m. —The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) holds a book discussion with Carol Swain, editor of “Debating Immigration.” Jonathan Tilove of Newhouse News Service and Steve Camarota of CIS participates. Location: National Press Club, 14th and F streets Northwest. Contact: 202/466-8185.
Public health — 10 a.m. —The Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention holds a ceremony to sign a memorandum of understanding to “help local communities advance their environment and public health efforts.” EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson and CDC Administrator Dr. Julie Gerberding participate. Location: EPA, 1200 Constitution Ave. NW, East Building. Contact: 202/564-4355, or 202/564-4355.
Communication grants — 10 a.m. —Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez hold a press conference to announce the $968 million Public Safety Interoperable Communications Grants program to help state and local first responders improve public safety communications during a natural or man-made disaster. Location: Commerce Department, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW, auditorium . Contact: 202/482-4883.
c Compiled by FIND/AFP and The Washington Times
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq