- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Question of the Day
Location: J.W. Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Contact: 202/393-6100, or 202/586-5600.
Book discussion — 9:30 a.m. —The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) holds a book discussion with Carol Swain, editor of “Debating Immigration.” Jonathan Tilove of Newhouse News Service and Steve Camarota of CIS participates. Location: National Press Club, 14th and F streets Northwest. Contact: 202/466-8185.
Public health — 10 a.m. —The Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention holds a ceremony to sign a memorandum of understanding to “help local communities advance their environment and public health efforts.” EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson and CDC Administrator Dr. Julie Gerberding participate. Location: EPA, 1200 Constitution Ave. NW, East Building. Contact: 202/564-4355, or 202/564-4355.
Communication grants — 10 a.m. —Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez hold a press conference to announce the $968 million Public Safety Interoperable Communications Grants program to help state and local first responders improve public safety communications during a natural or man-made disaster. Location: Commerce Department, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW, auditorium . Contact: 202/482-4883.
c Compiled by FIND/AFP and The Washington Times
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq