- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Location: J.W. Marriott, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Contact: 202/393-6100, or 202/586-5600.
Book discussion — 9:30 a.m. —The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) holds a book discussion with Carol Swain, editor of “Debating Immigration.” Jonathan Tilove of Newhouse News Service and Steve Camarota of CIS participates. Location: National Press Club, 14th and F streets Northwest. Contact: 202/466-8185.
Public health — 10 a.m. —The Environmental Protection Agency and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention holds a ceremony to sign a memorandum of understanding to “help local communities advance their environment and public health efforts.” EPA Administrator Stephen Johnson and CDC Administrator Dr. Julie Gerberding participate. Location: EPA, 1200 Constitution Ave. NW, East Building. Contact: 202/564-4355, or 202/564-4355.
Communication grants — 10 a.m. —Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez hold a press conference to announce the $968 million Public Safety Interoperable Communications Grants program to help state and local first responders improve public safety communications during a natural or man-made disaster. Location: Commerce Department, 1401 Constitution Ave. NW, auditorium . Contact: 202/482-4883.
c Compiled by FIND/AFP and The Washington Times
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes