- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
- California church handing out ‘travel cash’ to illegals heading east
- PHILLIPS: Liberal lawyers ensuring illegal aliens are never deported
- Chris Christie leading N.H. GOP presidential field; Mitt Romney lingers large
- NYC creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Question of the Day
Death sentences of medics commuted
TRIPOLI — The death sentences of five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor accused of infecting hundreds of Libyan children with HIV have been commuted to life in prison, a top Libyan official said yesterday.
The ruling was issued after the families of the children each received $1 million and agreed to drop their demand for the execution of the six, who deny having infected more than 400 children and say their confessions were extracted under torture.
Libya’s Supreme Court upheld the six medics’ death sentences last week, but the government’s Supreme Judiciary Council, which met late yesterday, can overrule the court.
Archbishop accused of affair with aide
HARARE — Zimbabwe’s state-run press published pictures yesterday that it said showed the head of the country’s Roman Catholic Church, one of President Robert Mugabe’s foremost critics, in bed with a married woman.
Pius Ncube, the archbishop of Bulawayo, was unavailable for comment about the pictures published in the Bulawayo-based Chronicle newspaper. The grainy pictures were plastered over several pages under the headline “The Pius Act.”
Archbishop Ncube has been a constant thorn in the side of the Mugabe regime, calling for the people of Zimbabwe to rise up against his rule and declaring his readiness to “go in front of blazing guns.”
From wire dispatches and staff reports
By Tammy Bruce
The EPA takes its cue from rogue president on wage-garnishment scheme
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- LeBron James returning to Cleveland Cavaliers
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- BRUCE: The feds plot to steal your paycheck
- Breaking special forces: Obama nominee Gen. Joseph Votel warns that elite troops may be 'fraying'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs