- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
- Obama economy: Rich get richer, as millionaires’ list grows
- Army’s ‘Most Wanted’ fugitive on lam since 1977 nabbed in Florida
- ‘Seinfeld’-loving fraudsters busted on ID theft — of Eric Holder
- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
Judge hears case on raw milk sales
A dispute over consumption of unpasteurized milk reached a courtroom in Frederick yesterday.
A Frederick County Circuit Court judge said she will rule at a later date on whether state public-health regulators can prohibit cow-sharing agreements aimed at skirting a state ban on retail sales of raw milk.
An attorney for Buckeystown farmer Kevin Oyarzo argued that agreements enabling people to own part of Mr. Oyarzo”s herd and receive raw milk in return do not violate the sales ban.
But the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said the agreement is a “sham” designed to get around the ban.
Proponents say pasteurization kills healthful components in raw milk along with the pathogens that prompted the sales ban.
City to consider vicious-dog laws
The City Council plans to talk tonight night about regulating vicious dogs.
Public Safety Commissioner John Ralston suggested an ordinance after a 62-year-old man was attacked by a pit bull last month while walking his dog on the Frostburg State University campus.
The city already prohibits dogs running loose.
Public comments will be taken the meeting and the council”s August meeting, with an eye toward preparing an ordinance for consideration in September.
Bus crash injures 13 campers, 1 adult
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- BRUCE: The power of 'bossy'
- EDITORIAL: Lois Lerner's dilemma
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- U.S.: Malaysia plane's on-board communications purposely shut down
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014