- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Question of the Day
Former Ravens wide receiver Javin Hunter, 27, of Orchard Lake, Mich., went to state police barracks yesterday and was questioned about the accident in which Ellis George Spencer Jr., 53, of Baltimore, was killed, 1st Sgt. Russ Newell said. The vehicle involved in the crash was recovered and police obtained a search warrant to examine it for evidence.
Mr. Hunter has not been charged.
Witnesses said Mr. Spencer was struck by a black Chrysler 300 with Michigan plates at about 5 a.m. Tuesday. He died several hours later at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center in Bel Air, officials said.
Mr. Spencer was riding a 2006 Eurostrada scooter on the shoulder of Route 40 when he was struck from behind by a passing vehicle, troopers said.
Mr. Hunter was a sixth-round draft pick of the Ravens in 2002 after attending Notre Dame. He did not play for an NFL team last year.
From wire dispatches and staff reports
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq