- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Question of the Day
Corvette club hosts pig roast, car show
The Corvette Friends 3rd Annual Pig Roast will be held tomorrow in Frederick, Md.
The cost is $5 a person for the event, which will be held at 3161 Flint Hill Road (Hideaway Farm). Proceeds will support the group’s T-ball team, dance troop and turkey giveaway at Thanksgiving.
Trophies will be awarded for people’s choice, drivers’ choice and all-around crowd favorite at the event, which runs from 1 p.m. till 6 p.m. There also will be music, a 50/50 drawing and door prizes. The rain date is July 28.
From Washington, go north on Interstate 270 toward Frederick. Take Exit 26 to Urbana/Buckeystown. Turn right on state Route 80 west on Fingerboard Road. Then turn left on Flint Hill Road.
DeSoto car event running in Maryland
The annual DeSoto National Convention, Events and Car Show is being held this week through Sunday.
Several events, including a driving tour of Southern Maryland and historic St. Mary’s City, were scheduled.
Convention headquarters are in Waldorf, Md. The car show is scheduled for tomorrow at the Brandywine Lion’s Club Field in Cheltenham, 11545 Cherry Tree Crossing, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will have a swap meet.
For other details, go to the National DeSoto Club site at www.desoto.org.
For car registration information, call Ferd Driver at 410/329-6509.
General information can also be obtained from convention Chairman Lawrence Watt at email@example.com or assistant Bob Baer at 301/277-8716.
Times show planned for Sept. 2 in McLean
The Out of the Past Revue, hosted by The Washington Times, will be held this year on Sept. 2 at the Spring Hill Recreation Center in McLean.
The free show, held annually, is open only to vehicles that have appeared in Vern Parker’s “Out of the Past” column in the AutoWeekend section.
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- TRACCI: Six steps to end the border crisis
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- EDITORIAL: The faux farmer in the Senate race in Iowa
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs