- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Letters to the Editor
Question of the Day
2) Improve health outcomes for patients through increased access and compliance
3) Reduce the costs of these products that can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars per patient per year.
Without generic competition, prices will continue to place these miracle medicines out of reach for consumers.
All parties in this debate agree that only safe products should be allowed on the market. The FDA has testified that it has the scientific expertise to review these products but currently lacks the authority to approve them. Further, the “interchangeability” or substitutability of biologic products would only be determined by the FDA if its scientists conclude it to be safe for the patient.
The biotech drug lobby claims that biogenerics legislation could undermine innovation.
Drug manufacturers said the same thing 20 years ago when a pathway for traditional generics was created. Since then, innovation has flourished. According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former FDA director of Medical Policy Development Commissioner for Medical and Scientific Affairs, biogenerics legislation will actually speed up progress. In short, the time is now for biogenerics legislation.
President and CEO
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world