- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Around the Nation
Question of the Day
He has said he traveled to Somalia last year and received combat training from Islamic forces trying to overthrow the government there, and members of al Qaeda who were helping them.
Maldonado was captured in January in Kenya while trying to flee pro-government forces.
Missile launcher found on lawn
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — An old antitank missile launcher was found yesterday on a lawn in Jersey City, just across the river from Lower Manhattan.
The launcher was inoperable and posed no hazard, police said. They turned it over to Army officials at Fort Monmouth.
Army personnel identified the yard-long tube as an AT-4 anti-tank missile launcher, fort spokesman Timothy Rider said. Such launchers can only be used once to fire a missile, and soldiers determined that this launcher had been fired, he said.
Police and Army officials are investigating how the device ended up on the lawn. Officials said it appeared to be about 20 years old.
From staff reports and wire dispatches
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
How does our 50th state view D.C. politics?
White House pets gone wild!