- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Question of the Day
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Today and July 28: A two-hourLincoln assassination walking tour starts at 7 p.m. at the Andrew Jackson statue in Lafayette Square in front of the White House. Tickets $10; children under 11 free. Call 202/246-2928 or visit www.mobiletours.org.
Today: The Mosby Heritage Area Association presents “Cavaliers, Courage and Coffee,” 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. beginning at the Rector House in Atoka (four miles west of Middleburg off Route 50 on State Route 713). Stories about life in the area during the Civil War are told by the costumed Gray Ghost Interpretive Group in and around the mill. Free. Call 540/687-6681 or visit www.mosbyheritagearea.org.
July 28-29: The 143rd anniversary Battle of the Crater program at Petersburg National Battlefield. Story of the “horrid pit” presented by living historians and park rangers. Call Ann Blumenschine at 804/732-3531, Ext. 203, or visit www.nps.gov/pete.
Today: Harpers Ferry National Historical Park presents an artillery demonstration and program on Gen. Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson’s capture of the 12,500-man Union garrison. Artillery firings at noon, 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. A military camp will be open for visitation on the Bolivar Heights Battlefield from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 304/535-6029.
Information excerpted in part from the Civil War News, Tunbridge, VT 05077, by permission. Information for the calendar may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 202/529-3298.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Colorado poll shows women tuning out Democrats' 'war on women' strategy
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world