- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Letters to the Editor
National Defense Council Foundation
Anathema to a free press
It is outrageous for the National Press Club to be involved in the throwing out of a reporter from The Washington Times from a symposium sponsored by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and held at the National Press Club headquarters (“White House blamed for ‘Islamophobia’,” Page 1, Wednesday).
It doesn’t matter if the National Press Club’s only involvement was renting space for CAIR’s symposium. If the National Press Club allows the censorship of a free press in its own building, why should anyone else care about advocating for a free press?
Systemic problems at the Red Cross
The Red Cross needs look no further than its own dysfunctional system for the shortage in the region’s blood supply (“Blood supply shortage at ‘crisis level’,” Metropolitan, Wednesday).
I gave my 155th pint of blood this afternoon at the Red Cross’s Gaithersburg donor center. I was first in line when the Center opened its door at noon and it took an hour before the staff managed to start drawing blood from me. When I left at 1:45PM, only five or six individuals had either finished given blood or where in the process of doing so.
I estimate there were at least 20 others waiting, and many others had left who could not wait. The staff could not be more pleasant and courteous, but the whole system is broken.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.