- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Question of the Day
The memorial consists of 32 stones etched with the names of each student and teacher killed placed in an arc formation in front of the Drillfield viewing stand near Burruss Hall. It will be surrounded by a walking path.
Construction began last month and will be completed by mid-August.
Sixth victim dies after fiery crash
A sixth person died yesterday from injuries he suffered Tuesday in a fiery crash on U.S. Route 58, police said yesterday.
The car was going east when it crossed a 100-foot wide grassy median into the westbound lanes and collided with the truck, which was transporting a piece of heavy equipment. The truck came to rest on top of the car and both vehicles burst into flames.
Police have not released the identities of anyone involved in the crash.
Marshall Williams, 23, of Suffolk, was driving behind the truck and said he saw the Honda “acting squirrelly” before crossing the median.
38 guns seized from sex offender
Police confiscated 38 guns from the home of a convicted sex offender early Tuesday morning.
Orlando Yarborough, 61, a former karate instructor, was convicted of sexually abusing his students. The conviction makes it illegal for him to own a gun.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Great discoveries in the world of restaurants and chefs fulfill the quest for delicious food and cooking.
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
White House pets gone wild!