- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Question of the Day
Courthouse project overruns budget
The Washington County Commissioners had to raid the capital budget to cover cost overruns in the county courthouse renovation project.
The commissioners approved the transfer of $535,000 on Tuesday to cover the cost of delays. County special projects director Gary Rohrer said he may have to ask for even more money.
The work has already been delayed 18 months and exceeded the original $4.6 million cost estimate by more than $2 million. The project is now expected to be finished in February.
Inmates to build affordable homes
The Cumberland Housing Authority plans to use prison labor to build houses for low- and moderate-income families.
Plans call for three-bedroom modular homes to be built on former playgrounds.
Inmates would build the houses as part of a job training program at the Federal Correctional Institution.
Officials said the first houses can be finished before winter and will sell for less than $100,000.
Communications cut during road repairs
More than 6,000 homes and businesses lost phone and Internet service after a contractor cut communications lines yesterday.
Verizon spokeswoman Sandy Arnette said two telephone cables and two fiber-optic trunks were cut — three of them completely.
It could take days to repair the phone lines but the fiber-optic lines were repaired last night.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors