- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Pennsylvania Avenue between Seventh and Ninth streets NW. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily except holidays. Metro: Archives-Navy Memorial. 202/357-5000.
• “School House to White House: The Education of the Presidents.” Through Jan. 1.
• “Public Vaults.” Ongoing exhibit.
National Building Museum
401 F St. NW. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. Metro: Judiciary Square. 202/272-2448.
• “Reinventing the Globe: A Shakespearean Theater for the 21st Century.” Through Aug. 27.
• “David Macaulay: The Art of Drawing Architecture.” Through Jan. 21.
National Firearms Museum
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax. 703/267-1600. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily.
• The largest firearms collection in the country includes rare weapons and firearms of famous people.
National Gallery of Art
• “Eugen Boudin at the National Gallery of Art.” Through Aug. 5.
• “Claude Lorrain: The Painter as Draftsman — Drawings From the British Museum.” Through Aug. 12.
• “Foto: Modernity in Central Europe, 1918-1945.” Through Sept. 3.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again