- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Theater and Dance
Question of the Day
Blair Mansion Mysteries performance. 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday through Oct. 30. Doubletree Hotel, Crystal City, Arlington. $42.95. 888/471-4802.
Little Shop of Horrors
A down-and-out skid-row floral assistant becomes an overnight sensation when he discovers an exotic plant with a mysterious craving. Through Aug. 19. 8:15 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, 12:30 and 7:15 p.m. Sunday. $28.50-$47. Toby’s Dinner Theatre, 5900 Symphony Woods Road, Columbia, Md. 301/596-6161.
Murder Upon Request
The Interactive comedy-mystery group performs plays at two locations: “A Deadly Private Party” at Alfio’s La Trattoria, 4515 Willard Ave., Chevy Chase, and “Just Killing Time” at the Arlington Hilton, 950 N. Stafford St., Arlington. 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday; 1 p.m. Sunday. $55. Both run indefinitely. 703/379-8108.
Blair Mansion Mysteries performance. 7:30 p.m. July 20-21. Blair Mansion Inn Restaurant, 7711 Eastern Ave., Silver Spring. $52.95. 301/588-6646.
The world’s best-known suspects come to life in the board-game-turned-musical. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday. Through Oct. 14. Lazy Susan Dinner Theater, 10712 Richmond Highway, Lorton. $39.95-$42.95. 703/550-7384.
3225 Eighth St. NE. 202/269-1600
Gravity Optional. 8 p.m. July 29. 7 p.m. July 30. $7-$20.
Lesole’s Dance Project with Jessica Marchant and Emily Berry. 8 p.m. Aug. 5. 7 p.m Aug. 6. $20.
Joy of Motion Dance Center
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow