- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Question of the Day
Defendant’s hospital gown delays drug trial
A Severn man’s drug-dealing trial has been postponed for the sixth time after he wore a hospital gown and slippers to court.
Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Kristin Riggin said Eugene Cartwright is charged with two counts of distributing cocaine. When he showed up to court Tuesday, he had already received five postponements.
But, with his head bandaged and a claim that he had been assaulted and was on prescription painkillers, Miss Riggin said the judge and state did not have much choice. If they had not granted the delay, she said an appellate judge could have found Mr. Cartwright was not competent to stand trial.
Authorities said they do not know when Mr. Cartwright was released from the hospital. His next trial date has not been scheduled.
Thieves hit gift shop on scenic railroad cars
Thieves broke into two Western Maryland Scenic Railroad cars, cleaned out the on-board gift shop and escaped with merchandise and 50 cases of soda in a stolen pickup truck, a railroad official said.
The tourist railroad is offering a $1,000 reward for information about the break-in, which occurred Tuesday night at the railroad’s shop in nearby Ridgeley, W.Va.
Losses and damage to the cars totaled about $10,000, General Superintendent Frank Fowler said.
Inmate escapes from work detail
A medium-security state prison inmate who drove away from a work detail in a stolen pickup truck remains at large, state police said yesterday.
Raymous Little, 43, disappeared Monday afternoon from a crew of inmates cleaning the Washington County Roads Department shop near Hagerstown, police said.
The missing Chevrolet S-10 truck belonged to a department worker who left the keys on the floor of the vehicle, department director Ed Plank said.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- PRUDEN: Cooling the manufactured impeachment panic
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Congress leaves Obama holding the burden of border children
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas 3-day cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world