- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
Redskins Camp Report
Question of the Day
SEEN AND HEARD
Joe Theismann has taken retired Channel 4 sports anchor George Michael’s seat on owner Dan Snyder’s golf cart, at least for a day. But there was a new driver — The Danny’s right-hand man, Vinny Cerrato was behind the wheel.
Unlike last year’s brutal conditions that included mid-day, 100-plus-degree heat, yesterday was almost comfortable. The overcast skies and nice breeze made it for a quick 1 hour, 35 minute practice.
Although the team wasn’t in full pads, there appears to be more contact going on, especially in the trenches where linemen were hitting the ground on every play and by the linebackers against the running backs.
CORNELIUS GRIFFIN — Hot
The veteran defensive tackle looks like he’s in the best shape of his career after an intense offseason training program.
THE ATMOSPHERE — Holding steady
The diehards were present, but it was nowhere near the crowd that came screaming for autographs last year.
RANDY THOMAS — Cold
The starting right guard was limited in the first practice because of knee soreness, not a good sign for a key player.
LONG SHOT OF THE DAY
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq