- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Vick’s summer full of dog days
(I’m open to suggestions.)
• • •
Just wondering: If NBA ref Tim Donaghy is found guilty of fixing games, is it a shooting or non-shooting foul?
• • •
And if it’s the former, how many times can we shoot him?
• • •
Number of the Week: 4.
• • •
According to Jere Longman of the New York Times, Donaghy may also have fabricated parts of his athletic background in the league’s media guide. For instance, he did not, Longman reports, make the all-Catholic League baseball team at Cardinal O’Hara — or the all-Delaware County basketball team, for that matter. He didn’t play varsity baseball at Villanova, either.
Hey, it could have been worse. He could have claimed to be the valedictorian at Celestial Prep.
• • •
Wednesday was another big night for baseball. You had Alex Rodriguez belting his 499th homer, you had Tom Glavine winning his 299th game and you had David Wells singing “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall” on the bus ride to the airport.
• • •
More bad news for Barry Bonds. His former mistress, Kimberly Bell, will appear in a nude pictorial in the November issue of Playboy. In one of the photos, I hear, she’s wearing a wet T-shirt that was dipped in McCovey Cove.
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- HURT: John Kerry The ridiculous face of a ridiculous U.S. diplomacy
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- LOZANSKY: World War III over Ukraine, anyone?
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Minister sees breakthrough 'in months' for long-split Cyprus
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again