- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Question of the Day
He said what?
“This means a lot to me because I did it the right way, and I’ve busted my butt since college. I always worked hard in that weight room to be strong.” — Frank Thomas on his 500th home run
TONIGHT’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
This isn’t a punt, kick and pass competition. In the NFL Cheerleader Playoffs (NFL Network, 9 p.m.), each team’s cheerleading squad will be represented by two members competing head-to-head.
TWT FIVE ” THINGS TO DO ON JULY 4
1. AT&T; National: Watch former President George H.W. Bush as he takes the ceremonial first shot at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow.
2. Nationals-Cubs at RFK Stadium at 12:05 p.m.: Who can resist a George Washington bobblehead? It’s the best free thing you can get on Independence Day.
3. July 4 BBQ: Nothing is more embarrassing than seeing your dad attempt a belly flop in the swimming pool. But he will do it anyway. Make a contest out of whose dad performs the worst.
4. C&O; Canal: Since 1971, this has been a great place for biking, canoeing or running.
5. Great Falls Park: A hike at this 800-acre park provides great views of the Potomac River.
TAKE YOUR PICK ” BARRY BONDS, ALL-STAR?
1. Why he should be in next Tuesday’s game: Apparently the fans have spoken. It is mystifying, however, given that most media polls say fans don’t want him to break Hank Aaron’s career home run record.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs