- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Samuels could be out for a month
Question of the Day
In addition to Samuels, receiver Mike Espy (bruised right knee cap) and fullback Pete Schmitt (left rotator cuff) were added to the injury report yesterday.
Missing both practices were tight end Tyler Ecker (groin) and linebacker Dallas Sartz (hamstring). Linebacker H.B. Blades (cramps) sat out the morning and linebacker Marcus Washington rested during the second practice.
Sartz and Blades both are competing for spots in a competitive linebacker group and can’t afford to miss practice time.
Assistant head coach-defense Gregg Williams acknowledged disappointment with the linebackers’ absence.
“That’s part of their acclimation,” he said. “They have to learn how to practice. … Part of being a pro is taking care of your body and replenishing what you lose during practice.”
Tight end added
With Ecker on the shelf, the Redskins signed tight end Jake Nordin and released kicker Tyler Fredrickson. Nordin was signed in May by New England and released July 19.
• Staff writer David Elfin contributed to this article.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors