- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Venezuela: Spirit of the Monroe Doctrine
This pathway to terrorism should be identified as a major concern and the “dots” connected before the world bears witness to a crude yet efficient nuclear attack on a major American city.
The U.S. government would be wise to embrace a 21st century version of the Monroe Doctrine, discouraging and thwarting international relationships in the Western Hemisphere derived from a mutual ideology of hate, conquest, totalitarianism and anti-Americanism. While utilization of such a doctrine wouldn’t be a cure-all, it would certainly be a good place to start.
But, to do this, the U.S. government — and all freedom-loving nations with the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing — would have to rise above the politically partisan infighting long enough to give a damn about the survival of the Free World. That would require putting good government before politics, something that is not happening today.
Not doing so this time could result in a subservient existence for our children and our children’s children. I would hope even the most partisan among us would be averse to that.
Managing editor for the New Media Journal and executive director of the Basics Project, a nonprofit, nonpartisan, research and education initiative.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes