- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Sprinkles of delight
Question of the Day
1/4 teaspoon salt
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) unsalted butter, slightly softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup pine nuts
1 cup semisweet real chocolate pieces
1/4 cup pine nuts, optional, or confectioners’ sugar, for garnish
Strawberries for garnish, optional
Butter a 9-by-9½-inch square baking pan. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.
Cream butter in a large bowl. Add brown and white sugars and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Beat in 2 tablespoons flour mixture at low speed. Add vanilla and beat until blended.
Using a wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture. Stir in 2/3 cup pine nuts and chocolate.
Transfer batter to prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 cup pine nuts, if desired.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq