- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
Inside the Beltway
Getting Whoopi? Washington Conservative Political Action Conference director and columnist Lisa de Pasquale has the inside scoop on who’s in the running to fill RosieO’Donnell’s seat on “The View.”
“Names being thrown in the mix include Kathy Griffin, Gayle King and Roseanne Barr. However, several entertainment publications are putting their money on actress Whoopi Goldberg,” notes Miss de Pasquale.
Miss Goldberg “last raised the ire of conservatives when she spoke at a fund-raiser for then-presidential candidate John Kerry in 2004. Whoopi’s profanity-laced routine about PresidentBush’s last name was short on punch lines (unless you’re a 12-year-old boy in sex ed class).”
We can’t reprint what Miss Goldberg said about Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, but as Miss de Pasquale points out, “she attacks, I mean jokes, about white and black conservatives” alike.
Which is why she just might get the gig at ABC.
“What ‘The View’ producers have learned from Rosie’s rants against the Bush administration is that they can insulate themselves from criticism if they use a comedienne to spout the same leftist views,” explains Miss de Pasquale. “They’ll say, ‘Oh she was just joking!’”
John McCaslin can be reached at 202/636-3284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again