- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
Barkley should call Shaq for help
Shaquille O’Neal’s new TV show, “Shaq’s Big Challenge” — in which he helps weight-challenged kids reshape their bodies — debuts Tuesday night at 9 on ABC.
I can hardly wait for the celebrity episode featuring Charles Barkley, David Wells, John Daly and Rick Majerus.
(Maybe they’ll have Mel “Dinner Bell” Turpin throw out the first rack of ribs.)
• • •
No joke: Wouldn’t the concept work better if Shaq could get sports figures to perspire along with Porky, Tubby, Doughboy and Goodyear?
• • •
Quote of the Week: “I’m leaving because I feel like the franchise and the Verizon Center are in a good place. [Wizards coach Eddie Jordan and GM Ernie Grunfeld] are phenomenal basketball people, and the city is lucky to have its first superstar with Gilbert Arenas.”
— Susan O’Malley, retiring president of Washington Sports and Entertainment (as quoted by The Washington Post)
• • •
Good to know Walter Johnson and Sammy Baugh weren’t superstars — or John Riggins, for that matter.
• • •
And correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t Wes Unseld and Elvin Hayes among the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History — as voted in 1996? (Or do they not belong to the “city” because they played in Landover?)
• • •
No offense to Miguel Tejada, but part of me is glad his consecutive-games streak ended at 1,152 — 1,480 shy of the mark set by You Know Who. Especially because, after Barry Bonds hit No. 756, ESPN probably would have begun a decade-long Countdown to Cal.
• • •
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.