- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Barkley should call Shaq for help
Question of the Day
• Flick was a fourth-round pick, not a second-rounder.
• He was drafted in 1981, before the Redskins began the season 0-5.
• By Gibbs’ second year, Flick had been traded to the Patriots for backup QB Tom Owen.
Translation: It’s just Joe T. being Joe T.
• • •
Did you see the president of Bolivia, Evo Morales, staged a pickup soccer game in the Andes to protest FIFA’s ban on playing international matches above 8,200 feet? Brazil pushed hardest for the measure, from what I understand. It got tired of having leads disappear into thin air.
• • •
Actually, the Brazilians were upset about having to play in Bolivia last year at 13,000 feet — in freezing rain. Can you imagine if the NFL operated like this? Goodbye Green Bay. Goodbye Frozen Tundra. Goodbye Ice Bowl. (And goodbye Bob Hayes running pass routes with his hands in his pants.)
• • •
You have to feel for the Dalai Lama. He’ll never get to hoist the World Cup now.
• • •
And finally …
Administration officials continue to insist the Guantanamo detention facility has gotten a bum rap. “Granted, we haven’t obtained a lot of useful information about terrorism,” a spokesperson said, “but we have managed to steal bin Laden’s bunt sign.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world