- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
11 a.m. — Delivers remarks at the rededication ceremony of the Islamic Center of Washington. 3:45 p.m. —Attends the White House T-ball Games on the South Lawn of the White House.
10 a.m. —Bureau of Labor Statisticsreleases the metropolitan-area employment figures for May. Location: 200 Constitution Ave. NW. Contact: 202/606-5902.
7 p.m. —National Institutes of Healthholds a meeting of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Advisors’ Therapeutically Applicable Research to Generate Effective Treatments ad hoc subcommittee. Location: Hyatt Regency Bethesda, One Bethesda Metro Center, 7400 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda. Contact: 301/496-2522.
No oral arguments are scheduled. Contact: 202/479-3211.
In session. Contact: Republican Cloakroom, 202/224-8601, or Democratic Cloakroom, 202/224-8541.
9:30 a.m. —JudiciaryConstitution, civil rights and property rights subcommittee holds a hearing, “Oversight of the Federal Death Penalty.” Barry Sabin, deputy assistant attorney general, and David Bruck, Federal Death Penalty Resource Counsel Project, testify. Location: 226 Dirksen Senate Office Building. Contact: 202/224-7703.
10 a.m. —Environment and Public Workstransportation safety, infrastructure security and water-quality subcommittee holds a hearing, “Protecting Water Quality at America’s Beaches.” Reps. Frank Pallone Jr., New Jersey Democrat, and Brian P. Bilbray, California Republican, testify. Location: 406 Dirksen Senate Office Building. Contact: 202/224-8832.
2:30 p.m. —Energy and Natural Resources Committeeholds a hearing on the Northwestern New Mexico Rural Water Projects Act. Mark Limbaugh and Carl Artman, Interior Department, testify. Location: 366 Dirksen Senate Office Building. Contact: 202/224-4971.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.