- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Grunfeld’s duties to expand
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
THE WASHINGTON WIZARDS YESTERDAY ANNOUNCED A NEW TITLE AND EXPANDED AUTHORITY IN THE ORGANIZATION FOR ERNIE GRUNFELD.
HIRED IN 2003 AS PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS, GRUNFELD WAS NAMED PRESIDENT OF THE WIZARDS. THE PROMOTION BECOMES OFFICIAL JULY 1.
“OUR COMPANY HAS TREMENDOUS ASSETS IN THE EMPLOYEES THAT WORK HERE,” WASHINGTON SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT CHAIRMAN ABE POLLIN SAID. “IN THIS REORGANIZATION, I AM CAPITALIZING ON THOSE ASSETS. WE HAVE EXCEPTIONALLY TALENTED MANAGERS AND MARKETERS HERE, AND I AM EXTREMELY EXCITED ABOUT GIVING MANY OF THESE EMPLOYEES ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITY AS WE MOVE WASHINGTON SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT INTO A VERY EXCITING FUTURE.”
GRUNFELD WILL CONTINUE TO HEAD UP BASKETBALL OPERATIONS. HIS OTHER NEW DUTIES HAVE YET TO BE OUTLINED.
POLLIN ALSO TABBED 18-YEAR WASHINGTON SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT EMPLOYEE MATT WILLIAMS TO SERVE AS THE COMPANY’S EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT. WILLIAMS WILL REPORT DIRECTLY TO POLLIN, ACTING AS HIS CHIEF OF STAFF, AND WILL REPRESENT POLLIN‘S INTERESTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE BUSINESS AS WELL AS HIS OUTSIDE INTERESTS. HE WILL CONTINUE TO BE POLLIN‘S SPOKESMAN TO THE MEDIA, STAFF AND PUBLIC.
THESE MOVES COINCIDE WITH LAST WEEK’S ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SUSAN O’MALLEY, THE FIRST WOMAN HIRED AS PRESIDENT OF A PRO SPORTS FRANCHISE, WOULD NOT RENEW HER CONTRACT WITH THE TEAM.
— JOHN N. MITCHELL
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.