- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Developers put upscale living in plans
Question of the Day
Within about 10 miles of Washington, the Upper Marlboro area of Prince George’s County has become the setting of choice for developers creating upscale planned communities.
Several developments are under construction in this part of the county that offer a country club lifestyle with plenty of recreational amenities, including golf courses and equestrian trails plus lakes, swimming pools and tennis courts.
In addition to the amenities found within each development, residents will find golf courses, shops and restaurants at Woodmore Country Club, Enterprise Golf Course, Bowie Town Plaza, Largo Town Center, Boulevard at the Capital Center and Bowie Plaza. Six Flags America theme park and FedEx Field also are nearby.
At Ashleigh Station, Mid-Atlantic Builders Inc. is selling single-family homes priced from the $500,000s and higher, each on a homesite of up to 1 acre.
The homes have oak flooring in the foyer and powder room, a gas fireplace, crown and chair-rail moldings and a brick front.
Call 301/390-3470 or visit www.midatlanticbuilders.com.
The resort lifestyle can be found at Beechtree, a planned community with a 30-acre lake, 600 acres of open space, a stream valley park, the Presidential Golf Course, a golf course clubhouse, the Lakefront Swim and Racquet Club and miles of walking paths.
More than $30,000,000 in spending for amenities is planned for this development.
Single-family homes priced from the mid-$500,000s and town homes priced from the low $400,000s can be found at Beechtree from Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Mid-Atlantic, Haverford Homes Inc. and McDaniels Homes.
Call 301/627-1734 for NVHomes, 301/627-4072 for Ryan Homes, 301/627-9230 for Mid-Atlantic, 301/627-6376 for Haverford Homes and 301/574-5533 for McDaniels Homes or visit www.beechtreemd.com.
Mid-Atlantic is constructing upscale single-family homes at Bradford’s Retreat at Woodmore North, each priced from the $900,000s and higher.
These brick-front homes feature high ceilings, gas fireplaces, master baths, crown and chair-rail moldings, recessed lighting, hardwood flooring in some main-level rooms and maple cabinets with granite counters in the kitchen.
Call 301/952-9111 or visit www.MidAtlanticBuilders.com.
Ryan is building single-family homes on lots of two-thirds of an acre at Duley Station in Upper Marlboro. Priced from the $590,000s to the upper $600,000s, the homes have four to five bedrooms, up to 5½ baths and up to a three-car garage.
Homes are available with 2,600 to 8,000 finished square feet. Call 301/627-5033 or visit www.ryanhomes.com.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors