- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Yesterday at Joel Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C.:
SEEN AND HEARD
Georgetown won the mythical student section battle against Belmont as well. In response to Hoya Blue's chant of "Where is Belmont?" the Bruins fanbase came up with "What's a Hoya?" The Georgetown faithful, of course, roared with mock appreciation at this Belmont response because Hoya Saxa is latin for "What Rocks," making the chant "What's a Hoya" more declarative statement than derisive question. ...
Courtesy of the blowout victory, Georgetown freshman forward Vernon "Big Ticket" Macklin earned some playing time yesterday and responded with a solid effort, scoring eight points and pulling down four rebounds.
BY THE NUMBERS
4:29 Time remaining when Belmont made its first 3-pointer of the second half. During the game's first 35-plus minutes, Georgetown held the Bruins to just three 3-pointers en route to building a 64-38 lead. Belmont entered the game ranked 22nd in the NCAA in 3-point field goals a game, averaging 8.8 on the season, but finished 6-for-26 against the Hoyas' amoeba zone.
22-2 Georgetown's record in NCAA first-round games, the best such mark in the nation. The Hoyas' only opening-round losses came against higher seeded teams in 1981(James Madison) and 1997 (Charlotte).
— Barker Davis
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.