- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
SEEN AND HEARD AT FEDEX FIELD
*This wasn’t the normal parking lot atmosphere for an Eagles-Redskins game. There were fewer Philadelphia fans than in previous years, when the Eagles were at the top of the NFC East. The most interesting sight of the morning was a Redskins fan decked out in a vintage coach’s sweater (the one Joe Gibbs wore for the Super Bowl win over Denver) zooming around in a motorized cooler. It even had a cup holder.
*Sean the Philadelphia Fan (and longtime friend of Seen and Heard) called an hour before kickoff. He said, Go Eagles … lose today. Sean added, I want the losing to continue, the rebuilding to begin. I want to be in a position to draft Darren McFadden in the draft. And I want enough money available to sign Max Starks.
*Did somebody tell fans holding tickets in the upper deck the game was canceled?
Moments before kickoff, there were rows of empty seats upstairs, more than at any time in the last few years. Maybe people have finally decided, “This stadium is a wretched fan experience. I’ll watch the NFL Sunday Ticket — in high definition — at home.”
*Monty Fever is catching on. Anthony Montgomery is a favorite of at least three Redskins beat guys — he goes by Ol’ Monty to us — and there was his No. 94 burgundy jersey in the lower bowl. Probably a family member, but it’s progress nonetheless.
— Ryan O’Halloran
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- First pot business license issued in Washington
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again