- Argentina beats Dutch in shootout to reach World Cup final
- Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again
- FAA investigating fireworks drone flights
- Pentagon: We’ll give Obama a drone strike with al-Baghdadi’s name on it
- Marine in Mexican custody to get day in court after 101 days
- Senate OKs San Antonio mayor as housing secretary
- NFL star likely fooled by Marine impostor who accepted first-class plane ticket
- Sen. Ted Cruz tweets Obama directions from fundraisers to border towns
- Israel hits key Hamas targets in Gaza offensive
- Ten-year sentence for New Orleans’ Nagin on graft charges
SEEN AND HEARD AT FEDEX FIELD
Question of the Day
*This wasn't the normal parking lot atmosphere for an Eagles-Redskins game. There were fewer Philadelphia fans than in previous years, when the Eagles were at the top of the NFC East. The most interesting sight of the morning was a Redskins fan decked out in a vintage coach's sweater (the one Joe Gibbs wore for the Super Bowl win over Denver) zooming around in a motorized cooler. It even had a cup holder.
*Sean the Philadelphia Fan (and longtime friend of Seen and Heard) called an hour before kickoff. He said, Go Eagles … lose today. Sean added, I want the losing to continue, the rebuilding to begin. I want to be in a position to draft Darren McFadden in the draft. And I want enough money available to sign Max Starks.
*Did somebody tell fans holding tickets in the upper deck the game was canceled?
Moments before kickoff, there were rows of empty seats upstairs, more than at any time in the last few years. Maybe people have finally decided, "This stadium is a wretched fan experience. I'll watch the NFL Sunday Ticket — in high definition — at home."
*Monty Fever is catching on. Anthony Montgomery is a favorite of at least three Redskins beat guys — he goes by Ol' Monty to us — and there was his No. 94 burgundy jersey in the lower bowl. Probably a family member, but it's progress nonetheless.
— Ryan O'Halloran
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- Obama requests $3.7 billion to fight surge of illegals
- GORDON: Russia plays its own game away from the World Cup
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Power grab: EPA wants to garnish wages of polluters
- Malaysian MP not sorry for tweeting 'long live Hitler' after Germany win
- Costco to re-stock Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' after public outry
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener