- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Group waiting for action on Code Pink digs
Many of the full-time rabble-rousers march on Congress each day to protest the war in Iraq, the Bush administration and the capitalistic pursuits of Americans.
“Healthcare, not warfare,” one of their placards reads.
Another reads, “No war, no warming.” If you did not know better, you might think Code Pink was a parody.
Medea Benjamin, the Code Pink co-founder who used to be a Long Island girl named Susie, once lived in Cuba, where it felt “like I died and went to heaven.” She must be easy to please if Fidel Castro’s island prison is her version of heaven. She might try running that view by those Cubans who risk their lives in 90 miles of treacherous seas to reach the Florida coastline.
But that is Code Pink for you. Its members do not live in the real world. Now part of its membership has brought its far-out ideas to Fifth Street Northeast, highlighted by potluck dinners every Wednesday evening.
If 20 to a five-bedroom row house is Code Pink’s version of nirvana, it probably is a view shared by few others in the city.
The thought of so many sharing so few bathrooms does not exactly prompt warm and fuzzy images.
For now, Mr. Taylor’s group is monitoring the crowded living conditions of Code Pink. The city no doubt will pass judgment soon enough.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014