- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
Small plane crashes into two homes
COMPTON — A twin-engine plane crashed into two homes Saturday outside Los Angeles, injuring the two persons on board and three on the ground, authorities said.
The plane’s fuselage crashed through one roof, and its left wing lodged in a second home.
The plane was carrying two men, and both were in critical condition, Mr. Gregor said.
In one house, a woman was critically injured and a man suffered less serious injuries, Mr. Gregor said. In the other home, a woman complained of chest pains.
The flight originated at Montgomery Field in San Diego and was heading for Hawthorne Municipal Airport, about 10 miles away.
Oyster-eating champ shellacks the competition
NEW ORLEANS — Patrick “Deep Dish” Bertoletti looked down at the litter of empty oyster shells in front of him and savored the sweet taste of victory. For Crazy Legs Conti, the bitter taste of defeat could be washed away only with beer.
The Acme World Oyster Eating championship belt — leather, with a silver dish featuring an oyster on the half-shell — hung on Mr. Bertoletti’s skinny hips. The 22-year-old Chicago resident took the title Saturday by slurping 35 dozen of the big bivalves in eight minutes.
“I could probably do a couple dozen more, especially if they were charbroiled,” said Mr. Bertoletti.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Charges filed against accused 'shadow campaign' financier
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again