- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
HE SAID WHAT?
”The only thing I know of a possible trade is what I’ve seen in ESPN.” - All-Star outfielder Manny Ramirez, whom the Red Sox traded to the Dodgers at Thursday’s nonwaiver trade deadline
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Nationals look to start a series out right tonight against Homer Bailey and the Cincinnati Reds. 7:30 p.m. MASN
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Angels now have a new offensive threat after having traded for Mark Teixeira. And the Yankees got a future Hall of Fame catcher in Pudge Rodriguez. Possible playoff preview here.
Women’s British Open
Julie Inkster, 48, looks to hang on for her seventh major title. But the biggest story line here is still Michelle Wie’s decision to skip the trip over the pond in favor of playing in a men’s PGA Tour event.
NASCAR Sprint Cup
The top drivers head to Pocono, where Denny Hamlin and Jimmie Johnson have each won twice. Here’s to hoping they can get through the race without another tire debacle.
U.S. Open Series Tennis
Rafael Nadal could supplant Roger Federer as the world’s top-ranked player with a win at the Cincinnati Masters. A title there also would extend the Spaniard’s winning streak to 34 matches.
TWT FIVE MOST NOTABLE OLYMPIC AD CAMPAIGNS
1. “Dan vs. Dave” — In 1992, Reebok used decathaletes Dan O’Brien and Dave Johnson in a campaign to promote their latest cross-trainer. Reebok looked silly when O’Brien failed to qualify for the games in Barcelona.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Richard Ivory, editor-in-chief of Hip Hop Republicans and HHR at Communities Digital News, turns his interests, and pen, to the people making news today.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow