- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Question of the Day
HE SAID WHAT?
”The only thing I know of a possible trade is what I’ve seen in ESPN.” - All-Star outfielder Manny Ramirez, whom the Red Sox traded to the Dodgers at Thursday’s nonwaiver trade deadline
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Nationals look to start a series out right tonight against Homer Bailey and the Cincinnati Reds. 7:30 p.m. MASN
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Angels now have a new offensive threat after having traded for Mark Teixeira. And the Yankees got a future Hall of Fame catcher in Pudge Rodriguez. Possible playoff preview here.
Women’s British Open
Julie Inkster, 48, looks to hang on for her seventh major title. But the biggest story line here is still Michelle Wie’s decision to skip the trip over the pond in favor of playing in a men’s PGA Tour event.
NASCAR Sprint Cup
The top drivers head to Pocono, where Denny Hamlin and Jimmie Johnson have each won twice. Here’s to hoping they can get through the race without another tire debacle.
U.S. Open Series Tennis
Rafael Nadal could supplant Roger Federer as the world’s top-ranked player with a win at the Cincinnati Masters. A title there also would extend the Spaniard’s winning streak to 34 matches.
TWT FIVE MOST NOTABLE OLYMPIC AD CAMPAIGNS
1. “Dan vs. Dave” — In 1992, Reebok used decathaletes Dan O’Brien and Dave Johnson in a campaign to promote their latest cross-trainer. Reebok looked silly when O’Brien failed to qualify for the games in Barcelona.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- New York Times reporter Carol Vogel accused of plagiarism
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- ISIL destroys key bridge leading to Baghdad; suicide truck bomb severed supply line
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world