- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
HE SAID WHAT?
”The only thing I know of a possible trade is what I’ve seen in ESPN.” - All-Star outfielder Manny Ramirez, whom the Red Sox traded to the Dodgers at Thursday’s nonwaiver trade deadline
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
The Nationals look to start a series out right tonight against Homer Bailey and the Cincinnati Reds. 7:30 p.m. MASN
THE BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The Angels now have a new offensive threat after having traded for Mark Teixeira. And the Yankees got a future Hall of Fame catcher in Pudge Rodriguez. Possible playoff preview here.
Women’s British Open
Julie Inkster, 48, looks to hang on for her seventh major title. But the biggest story line here is still Michelle Wie’s decision to skip the trip over the pond in favor of playing in a men’s PGA Tour event.
NASCAR Sprint Cup
The top drivers head to Pocono, where Denny Hamlin and Jimmie Johnson have each won twice. Here’s to hoping they can get through the race without another tire debacle.
U.S. Open Series Tennis
Rafael Nadal could supplant Roger Federer as the world’s top-ranked player with a win at the Cincinnati Masters. A title there also would extend the Spaniard’s winning streak to 34 matches.
TWT FIVE MOST NOTABLE OLYMPIC AD CAMPAIGNS
1. “Dan vs. Dave” — In 1992, Reebok used decathaletes Dan O’Brien and Dave Johnson in a campaign to promote their latest cross-trainer. Reebok looked silly when O’Brien failed to qualify for the games in Barcelona.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.