- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Question of the Day
“But let me emphasize, and this is terribly important: If we’re going to get a sustainable peace in Darfur, in the end the sovereign state of Sudan will have to address this issue,” Mr. Williamson added.
Career diplomat Marie L. Yovanovitch is due to arrive in Armenia next month as the U.S. ambassador the Eurasian nation.
Miss Yovanovitch, who won Senate confirmation Aug. 1, is the former ambassador to Kyrgyzstan. She also has served as senior adviser to the undersecretary of state for political affairs and as deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine.
• Call Embassy Row at 202/636-3297, fax 202/832-7278 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
James Morrison joined the The Washington Times in 1983 as a local reporter covering Alexandria, Va. A year later, he was assigned to open a Times bureau in Canada. From 1987 to 1989, Mr. Morrison was The Washington Times reporter in London, covering Britain, Western Europe and NATO issues. After returning to Washington, he served as an assistant foreign editor ...
- Embassy Row: Israeli at the White House in another Golda moment
- Nelson Mandela, South Africa's first black president, dies at age 95
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Huh? 'Universal word' signals total confusion wherever you go
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
Latest Blog Entries
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!