- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
HE SAID WHAT?
“Don’t screw up. When you have a guy like that yelling at you, you better do what he says.” — U.S. swimmer Ricky Berens on his 4x200 freestyle relay teammates’ reaction to the screaming of Michael Phelps
From the national list to the local rankings, Brett Favre is in the sights of the Redskins as he makes his first start Saturday with the Jets.
Billed as the United States’ “female Phelps,” she has been a disappointment so far, winning a silver and bronze in four events.
This Olympian, meanwhile, has excelled, sticking his high bar routine to help the men’s gymnasts win bronze.
The rookie of the year campaign starts here. The Nationals need something to rally around, since “winning” no longer seems to be an option.
Taj McWilliams-Franklin, we barely got to know you. But with Humphrey, a first-round pick out of Georgia, the Mystics got younger.
TWT FIVE: NATIONAL LEAGUE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR CANDIDATES
1. Jair Jurrjens, Atlanta. Has stepped right in and starred for fading dynasty.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again