- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Question of the Day
HE SAID WHAT?
“Don’t screw up. When you have a guy like that yelling at you, you better do what he says.” — U.S. swimmer Ricky Berens on his 4x200 freestyle relay teammates’ reaction to the screaming of Michael Phelps
From the national list to the local rankings, Brett Favre is in the sights of the Redskins as he makes his first start Saturday with the Jets.
Billed as the United States’ “female Phelps,” she has been a disappointment so far, winning a silver and bronze in four events.
This Olympian, meanwhile, has excelled, sticking his high bar routine to help the men’s gymnasts win bronze.
The rookie of the year campaign starts here. The Nationals need something to rally around, since “winning” no longer seems to be an option.
Taj McWilliams-Franklin, we barely got to know you. But with Humphrey, a first-round pick out of Georgia, the Mystics got younger.
TWT FIVE: NATIONAL LEAGUE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR CANDIDATES
1. Jair Jurrjens, Atlanta. Has stepped right in and starred for fading dynasty.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq