- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
McIntosh solid in return
Question of the Day
Tight end Jason Goode, the rookie free agent from Maryland, wasn’t on the field. His right foot was in a walking boot to protect the turf toe he suffered making a grab in the fourth quarter against the Jets eight minutes before his game-winning touchdown catch.
“It’s one of those things that you have to deal with,” Goode said. “My priority is always my health, making sure my foot is OK.”
Receiver Antwaan Randle El (hamstring), running back Ladell Betts (knee) and guard Randy Thomas (knee) all practiced. Rookie receiver Malcolm Kelly ran some routes in individual drills and could make his debut Saturday at Carolina. Linebacker H.B. Blades (knee) figures to play for the first time this preseason against the Panthers.
Rian Wallace has a knack for making plays. Unfortunately, the former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker also has a knack for getting hurt, and that cost him his roster spot. Wallace missed the preseason opener after breaking a hand in the intrasquad scrimmage and followed that by separating his shoulder against the Jets. Given that he would miss the final two preseason games, the Redskins cut Wallace on Monday and signed linebacker David Holloway.
A three-year starter at Maryland, Holloway was on Arizona’s practice squad as a rookie last season until being activated for the final game. His father, Brian, starred at Churchill High School and went on to be a Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the New England Patriots.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq