- Parents outraged after white supremacists plant racist Easter eggs
- Atheists sue N.J. school over ‘under God’ in Pledge of Allegiance
- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
McIntosh solid in return
Tight end Jason Goode, the rookie free agent from Maryland, wasn’t on the field. His right foot was in a walking boot to protect the turf toe he suffered making a grab in the fourth quarter against the Jets eight minutes before his game-winning touchdown catch.
“It’s one of those things that you have to deal with,” Goode said. “My priority is always my health, making sure my foot is OK.”
Receiver Antwaan Randle El (hamstring), running back Ladell Betts (knee) and guard Randy Thomas (knee) all practiced. Rookie receiver Malcolm Kelly ran some routes in individual drills and could make his debut Saturday at Carolina. Linebacker H.B. Blades (knee) figures to play for the first time this preseason against the Panthers.
Rian Wallace has a knack for making plays. Unfortunately, the former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker also has a knack for getting hurt, and that cost him his roster spot. Wallace missed the preseason opener after breaking a hand in the intrasquad scrimmage and followed that by separating his shoulder against the Jets. Given that he would miss the final two preseason games, the Redskins cut Wallace on Monday and signed linebacker David Holloway.
A three-year starter at Maryland, Holloway was on Arizona’s practice squad as a rookie last season until being activated for the final game. His father, Brian, starred at Churchill High School and went on to be a Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the New England Patriots.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.