- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
McIntosh solid in return
Tight end Jason Goode, the rookie free agent from Maryland, wasn’t on the field. His right foot was in a walking boot to protect the turf toe he suffered making a grab in the fourth quarter against the Jets eight minutes before his game-winning touchdown catch.
“It’s one of those things that you have to deal with,” Goode said. “My priority is always my health, making sure my foot is OK.”
Receiver Antwaan Randle El (hamstring), running back Ladell Betts (knee) and guard Randy Thomas (knee) all practiced. Rookie receiver Malcolm Kelly ran some routes in individual drills and could make his debut Saturday at Carolina. Linebacker H.B. Blades (knee) figures to play for the first time this preseason against the Panthers.
Rian Wallace has a knack for making plays. Unfortunately, the former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker also has a knack for getting hurt, and that cost him his roster spot. Wallace missed the preseason opener after breaking a hand in the intrasquad scrimmage and followed that by separating his shoulder against the Jets. Given that he would miss the final two preseason games, the Redskins cut Wallace on Monday and signed linebacker David Holloway.
A three-year starter at Maryland, Holloway was on Arizona’s practice squad as a rookie last season until being activated for the final game. His father, Brian, starred at Churchill High School and went on to be a Pro Bowl offensive tackle with the New England Patriots.
About the Author
- For Chargers' Turner, there's no turning back
- Ailing Heyer hanging 'tough' for Redskins
- Redskins' Williams out for season finale
- NFL Rewind
- Redskins Grades
Latest Blog Entries
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again