- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
FRIDAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Watch Kobe, LeBron and their U.S. teammates look to enact revenge against Argentina in the Olympic basketball semifinals. 10 a.m. Chs, 4, 11
BEST OF THE WEEKEND IN SPORTS
The events in Beijing wrap up, with finals in basketball, diving, table tennis and the men’s marathon. And it looks like the United States and China will battle to the end in the overall medals race.
PRESEASON NFL FOOTBALL
OK, the games are meaningless. But it also means the regular NFL season is one week closer, and who can’t get excited about that?
NASCAR SPRINT CUP
Two more races until the chase, as drivers head to the half-mile at Bristol. Matt Kenseth, who’s right on the bubble, loves racing under the lights of the short track.
Hunter Mahan shot a super-low 62 in the first round of golf’s first FedEx Cup event. Will he stay hot over the next month and be the man to pull in a cool $10 million?
TWT FIVE: BEST OLYMPIC DECATHLETES
1. Bob Mathias — He became the first man to win consecutive decathalon titles in the games (1948 and 1952). In his spare time, he led Stanford to an appearance in the 1952 Rose Bowl.
2. Daley Thompson — Won golds in 1980 and 1984 for Great Britain. His 8,847 points in the 1984 Summer Games stood as a world record for eight years.
3. Roman Sebrle — The Czech has a chance to become the most-decorated decathlete in history if he wins gold Friday in Beijing. He has a gold medal from Athens and a silver from Sydney.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Study: Children fare better in traditional mom-dad families
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.