- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Stay up to watch the U.S. men’s basketball team go for gold against Spain in Beijing. 2:30 a.m., Chs. 4, 11
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: AN EXCERPT FROM INSIDE OUTSIDE, GENE MUELLER‘S OUTDOORS BLOG
Could it be that Asian herbal healers and users of strange substances, such as gall bladders taken from bears - hopefully dead ones - might be on to something? While all of us should frown on shooting bears to get their gall bladders (it actually happens) there is a growing fondness in the West for ground-up appendages taken from ruminants, such as deer.
Watch out, deer bucks. It won’t be long before we, too, will be coming after you not so much for tasty venison steaks and roasts, but also for the bone-like substance that grows between your ears every year.
TWT TOP FIVE: CITIES THAT WILL NEVER HOST THE OLYMPICS AGAIN
1. Atlanta - The IOC will never put the games in a city of Atlanta’s size again, especially after complaints about a lack of organization at the 1996 Summer Games.
2. Lillehammer - The 1994 Winter Games were lovely, but a city with a population of just 25,000 would be unlikely to land the Olympics a second time.
3. Barcelona - There were great memories made at the 1992 Summer Games, but the Olympics have become too large for a midsize city to host it again.
4. Sarajevo - It would be a great story to see this war-ravaged city return to Olympic glory. But Bosnia has trailed fellow former Yugoslavian republics Serbia and Croatia in showing that it has the economic strength to support the games.
5. Lake Placid - Has hosted the games twice, in 1932 and 1980. Would definitely lose any chance of hosting again if New York City ever hosted a summer games.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014