- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, non-lethal aid to counter Russians
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Stay up to watch the U.S. men’s basketball team go for gold against Spain in Beijing. 2:30 a.m., Chs. 4, 11
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: AN EXCERPT FROM INSIDE OUTSIDE, GENE MUELLER‘S OUTDOORS BLOG
Could it be that Asian herbal healers and users of strange substances, such as gall bladders taken from bears - hopefully dead ones - might be on to something? While all of us should frown on shooting bears to get their gall bladders (it actually happens) there is a growing fondness in the West for ground-up appendages taken from ruminants, such as deer.
Watch out, deer bucks. It won’t be long before we, too, will be coming after you not so much for tasty venison steaks and roasts, but also for the bone-like substance that grows between your ears every year.
TWT TOP FIVE: CITIES THAT WILL NEVER HOST THE OLYMPICS AGAIN
1. Atlanta - The IOC will never put the games in a city of Atlanta’s size again, especially after complaints about a lack of organization at the 1996 Summer Games.
2. Lillehammer - The 1994 Winter Games were lovely, but a city with a population of just 25,000 would be unlikely to land the Olympics a second time.
3. Barcelona - There were great memories made at the 1992 Summer Games, but the Olympics have become too large for a midsize city to host it again.
4. Sarajevo - It would be a great story to see this war-ravaged city return to Olympic glory. But Bosnia has trailed fellow former Yugoslavian republics Serbia and Croatia in showing that it has the economic strength to support the games.
5. Lake Placid - Has hosted the games twice, in 1932 and 1980. Would definitely lose any chance of hosting again if New York City ever hosted a summer games.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.