- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
Question of the Day
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
Stay up to watch the U.S. men’s basketball team go for gold against Spain in Beijing. 2:30 a.m., Chs. 4, 11
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: AN EXCERPT FROM INSIDE OUTSIDE, GENE MUELLER‘S OUTDOORS BLOG
Could it be that Asian herbal healers and users of strange substances, such as gall bladders taken from bears - hopefully dead ones - might be on to something? While all of us should frown on shooting bears to get their gall bladders (it actually happens) there is a growing fondness in the West for ground-up appendages taken from ruminants, such as deer.
Watch out, deer bucks. It won’t be long before we, too, will be coming after you not so much for tasty venison steaks and roasts, but also for the bone-like substance that grows between your ears every year.
TWT TOP FIVE: CITIES THAT WILL NEVER HOST THE OLYMPICS AGAIN
1. Atlanta - The IOC will never put the games in a city of Atlanta’s size again, especially after complaints about a lack of organization at the 1996 Summer Games.
2. Lillehammer - The 1994 Winter Games were lovely, but a city with a population of just 25,000 would be unlikely to land the Olympics a second time.
3. Barcelona - There were great memories made at the 1992 Summer Games, but the Olympics have become too large for a midsize city to host it again.
4. Sarajevo - It would be a great story to see this war-ravaged city return to Olympic glory. But Bosnia has trailed fellow former Yugoslavian republics Serbia and Croatia in showing that it has the economic strength to support the games.
5. Lake Placid - Has hosted the games twice, in 1932 and 1980. Would definitely lose any chance of hosting again if New York City ever hosted a summer games.
About the Author
- First Down: Best weekend bets
- SportsBiz: What the next decade holds
- Shifting sands for NCAA
- Monumental sports year will connect fans on a global scale
- SportsBiz: Selling a new career
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world