- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
THEY SAID WHAT?
“It’s frustrating, but with this team, in this stadium, you never know. They never give up, especially in this band box.” — Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez after his team gave up a seven-run lead and lost 8-7 to the Phillies in Philadelphia
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Genius is back at FedEx with the Jaguars with a similar job title (and nearly as many hyphens).
Zipping a few completed passes and staying upright against the Jaguars will go a long way toward making Saturday a mulligan.
Sporting the Manny wig was the funniest thing he has done since scooting around on a Segway during spring training. Oh, and drafting Aaron Crow.
Finally in Class AAA, the Nationals farmhand is having his best season since he was named their top prospect in 2005 and could get called up soon.
With the season starting Saturday, the Virginia Tech quarterback has less reason to look over his shoulder since the Hokies intend to redshirt Tyrod Taylor.
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: EXCERPT FROM REDSKINS 360
The anticipation for the Welcome Back Luncheon on Wednesday afternoon in Tysons Corner centered around Jim Zorn since this would be his first such event. His speech was solid with a couple of pretty funny anecdotes. One in particular was about his adventure in an alumni flag football game with the Seahawks. It was a coed contest, and Zorn happened to hit a Seahawks cheerleader in the face with a pass, and in his words, “Her nose went boosh! [with the accompanying hand gestures to symbolize blood exploding everywhere].”
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.