- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
THEY SAID WHAT?
“It’s frustrating, but with this team, in this stadium, you never know. They never give up, especially in this band box.” — Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez after his team gave up a seven-run lead and lost 8-7 to the Phillies in Philadelphia
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Genius is back at FedEx with the Jaguars with a similar job title (and nearly as many hyphens).
Zipping a few completed passes and staying upright against the Jaguars will go a long way toward making Saturday a mulligan.
Sporting the Manny wig was the funniest thing he has done since scooting around on a Segway during spring training. Oh, and drafting Aaron Crow.
Finally in Class AAA, the Nationals farmhand is having his best season since he was named their top prospect in 2005 and could get called up soon.
With the season starting Saturday, the Virginia Tech quarterback has less reason to look over his shoulder since the Hokies intend to redshirt Tyrod Taylor.
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: EXCERPT FROM REDSKINS 360
The anticipation for the Welcome Back Luncheon on Wednesday afternoon in Tysons Corner centered around Jim Zorn since this would be his first such event. His speech was solid with a couple of pretty funny anecdotes. One in particular was about his adventure in an alumni flag football game with the Seahawks. It was a coed contest, and Zorn happened to hit a Seahawks cheerleader in the face with a pass, and in his words, “Her nose went boosh! [with the accompanying hand gestures to symbolize blood exploding everywhere].”
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq