- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
THEY SAID WHAT?
“It’s frustrating, but with this team, in this stadium, you never know. They never give up, especially in this band box.” — Mets pitcher Pedro Martinez after his team gave up a seven-run lead and lost 8-7 to the Phillies in Philadelphia
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS: WHO’S GENERATING BUZZ IN THE D.C. AREA?
The Genius is back at FedEx with the Jaguars with a similar job title (and nearly as many hyphens).
Zipping a few completed passes and staying upright against the Jaguars will go a long way toward making Saturday a mulligan.
Sporting the Manny wig was the funniest thing he has done since scooting around on a Segway during spring training. Oh, and drafting Aaron Crow.
Finally in Class AAA, the Nationals farmhand is having his best season since he was named their top prospect in 2005 and could get called up soon.
With the season starting Saturday, the Virginia Tech quarterback has less reason to look over his shoulder since the Hokies intend to redshirt Tyrod Taylor.
ON WASHINGTONTIMES.COM: EXCERPT FROM REDSKINS 360
The anticipation for the Welcome Back Luncheon on Wednesday afternoon in Tysons Corner centered around Jim Zorn since this would be his first such event. His speech was solid with a couple of pretty funny anecdotes. One in particular was about his adventure in an alumni flag football game with the Seahawks. It was a coed contest, and Zorn happened to hit a Seahawks cheerleader in the face with a pass, and in his words, “Her nose went boosh! [with the accompanying hand gestures to symbolize blood exploding everywhere].”
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forgotten Ally'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
Latest Blog Entries
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again