- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
TODAY’S BEST BET ON TELEVISION
In their first preseason game, the Baltimore Ravens head to New England. MASN, 7:30 p.m.
LOCAL POWER RANKINGS
1. Colt Brennan
Yes, he took an exciting turn under center in the preseason win over the Colts, but it’s not time to get carried away.
2. Chris Horton
But it’s tough to fight the urge with this Redskins rookie, who recovered an onside kick and toppled the Pillsbury Throw Boy.
3. Art Monk
Delivered a moving speech at Canton, Ohio, as he and Darrell Green were inducted into the Hall of Fame.
4. Darrius Heyward-Bey
Speaking of receivers, Maryland’s Hey Bey will be front and center as the crutch for whomever starts at QB.
With the 2008 Nationals, closing games is not an essential skill. And it took Hanrahan 11 games as the closer to get his first save chance and save.
TWT FIVE: TOP 10 TEAMS WITH BEST SHOT TO GO UNBEATEN
1. Clemson. Should be smooth sailing after opener against Alabama.
About the Author
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Small Wars, Faraway Places'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Men Who Lost America'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Guns at Last Light'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'E.B. White on Dogs'
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Forged'
Latest Blog Entries
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Activists encourage Obama to circumvent Congress, use more executive authority
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lived with Uncle Onyango Obama in the 1980s, White House admits
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Understanding economic events with a free market explanation
John Wood illustrates a new American politics, and the path to get there.
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
White House pets gone wild!